Tuesday, October 5, 2021

 1. How do digital images play a role in your day-to-day life?

We as modern humans are bombarded with images everday: ads, posts on social media, art. And for an art student, I see even more of that in school and in schools I observe in. 

2. In your personal life?
In my personal life, I see images each and everyday, like I stated above, most are ads or images on social media. As well as artworks I make or ones I discuss in class. 
3. In the way you experience your world?
I think that advertisements, especially ones catered to me by data fishing and algorithms, heavily shape the ways I look at and understand my world.
4. What are your thoughts on ethics and aesthetics as it relates to photojournalism and digital imagery manipulation?
I think that photo journalism is important, not only because I am a visual learner, but also because I think it's important for the public to see and understand situations they are not directly involved in - ones that need their attention. That does however, effect us negatively when data is manipulated to look like one thing when it's really another. Whether it's pushing an agenda or not, photomanipulation sells a false idea, and that is not good. 
5. What are your thoughts on these example of these manipulated mages ?
These images definitely reminds me that everything is not always what it seems, and that people can "airbrush" anything that they want to!
6. Out of all the examples, which one do you believe has the most impact? Why?
Benjamin Netanyahu and His Cabinet, 2009 ec - This doctored photo made me so mad! The first thing I thought was: they removed the women, no surprise. Men impact society when removing women from the pictures of high honor and power. These images create sexist subconscious ideals that last for years and years. 
7. How will you as a future art educator teach your students about aesthetics & ethics in regards to photo/image manipulation?
I will be sure to teach my students that false information exists out there, even in photos. I will teach them the significance of fact checking and making sure that they understand what they are really looking for. It's important, to our economics, mental health and societal progression that we can all learn to "read" images, and understand when they have been doctored and why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

w12

W12 https://dodgeev01.wixsite.com/website  What do you think about the process of creating your website? - I thought Wix was super easy to u...