LESSON PLAN HERE:
Answer these Questions in a Blog Post:
- Define the terms Fair Use and Copyright
Fair Use: Fair use is a set of codes that teaches educators and allows them to use copyrighted material for free in the classroom as long as the educational benefits of the copyrighted material in lessons outweighs the cost of the material itself. It has allowed for lessons to grow exponentially and for teachers to use things that children see day today and relate to and are interested in, in the classroom. It’s better for engagement and for communication.
Copyright: All rights reserved, means that permission is needed in order for the image/material to be used, edited, and shared. In education settings, copyrighted material can be used for free.
- Describe Creative Commons and OER
Creative Commons: or CC in a circle, Creative Commons is a foundational mark that allows medias to be used, copied, shared, or edited freely. If something has CC on it, it’s fair game.
OER or Open Education Resource: is an open education resource that anyone can access, it’s like copyright, only you do not need permission from the creator to use, edit or share the material, even if you are not an educator - for free or with little restrictions.
- Why are these topics important for educators to understand?
Educators, especially new ones should be aware of what they can and cannot copy from when creating lessons. Especially going into a new digital age, it’s important for educators to stay safe, original, and remember not to plagiarize.
- How can I use these resources in my classroom as an artist and an educator?
I can use these resources in my own classroom by keeping myself safe as an educator when looking for assistance, or help, with lesson planning or ideas online.
- How can I teach these concepts to my students and why is it important for them to understand these concepts? (describe your lesson plan)
I can teach these lessons to any group of students who are at an age that understand digital formatting and copy writing. I would probably teach this lesson too late elementary students and above. Let’s say I am teaching the late elementary students a lesson about fair use, copyright, OER, and CC. My lesson plan would be to show them the spark video or a presentation similar to the tone and imagery used in the spark video that I am making in order to teach them in a way that they can understand what copywriting is, and what certain symbols mean. It’s around this age that students understand symbolism and are now getting into the idea of abstractions so they are able to comprehend what different trademarks might mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment