🥨
The artist I chose to focus on in my Prezi project was Pendleton Ward, a.k.a Pen Ward. I picked him because he has created some of my absolute favorite art! I am in love with the show Adventure Time, and I grew up admiring the art it was. I still watch it today! I also loved Bee and PuppyCat growing up, another work of his as animation editor, and now that I'm a little bit older, I'm a huge fan of his recent work: The Midnight Gospel.
When working on this project, I ran into a few challenges getting stated. I watched some of the first video tutorial to help myself figure it out, as I like to work independently. I did have to ask how to save an image on a mac, however, because those apple mice don't have a right clicker! (Hold down Control and Click, by the way!)
I really loved the graphic aspect of this project. Growing up, I was really good at sprucing up PowerPoints (Google Slides) and making them more fun, spending time adding gifs, selecting theme-fitting palates and fonts, as well as transitions. I love the way Prezi moves throughout the information - smooth and easily. I guess what I least enjoyed was getting started, only because I didn't know yet what I was doing. That's always the most difficult thing, isn't it?
I am ABSOLUTELY using Prezi in the art room. I actually look forward to impressing my classroom kids with it. I am hoping to give this Pen Ward presentation to my beau later today! I love this tool and I'm proud of what I made. It makes learning more visually stimulating, and isn't that what art's all about?
No comments:
Post a Comment